|Subject: Updated OS install guide 21/7/2012, 2:58 pm|| |
- (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
- Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
*If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
- Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
- On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section.
Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media
- Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to
media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps.
(Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather;
QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
- Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
- (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
- On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
•64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
•32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
- (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
- In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
- After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over
first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon
after OS is loaded.